Cyber Mandate, Ltd. Publisher Agreement
This Publisher Agreement (the “Agreement“) sets forth the legally binding terms between you, Cyber Mandate, Ltd. a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Mandate, Ltd. for your use of the Services (as defined below), to the extent we make them available to you as the owner or operator (“Publisher“) of one or more websites, mobile applications, blogs and/or other properties approved by us (collectively, “Publisher Sites“). By accessing and using the Services, you agree to comply with and be bound by this Agreement. If we offer any additional Services in the future that are governed by additional terms, we will make such additional terms available to you and, unless otherwise provided, such additional terms will be incorporated herein. As used in this Agreement, “you” or “Publisher” means the individual or entity using the Services (and/or any individual, entity, or successor entity, agency or network acting on your behalf), “we,” “us” or “CyberM” means Cyber Mandate, Ltd. and their respective affiliates, and “parties” means you and CyberM.
- Services. We (i) provide Publishers with tools, technology and services to track, analyze, engage and grow their audiences, (ii) operate a real-time, data driven automation platform for advertising, data management and yield optimization, facilitating the integration of third party providers of online advertising and data on one or more of the Publisher Sites, and (iii) aggregate and license data to third parties relating to the operation of such platform (collectively, the “Services”).
- Account. Your use of the Services is subject to your creation and our approval of an account (a “Account“). By submitting an application to use the Services, if you are an individual, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Authorization. You may request to add any of your websites, mobile applications, blogs and/or other properties to the Services. We may, in our discretion, reject your request and/or remove any of your Publisher Sites from the Services at any time. You agree to provide any additional information regarding your Publisher Sites and proposed Publisher Sites that we may reasonably request. You authorize us to (i) serve advertising materials (the “Ads“) from advertisers on your Publisher Sites and (ii) collect, access, index and copy your Content (as defined in Section 6), and to collect site, user and third party data related to your Publisher Sites (collectively, the “Publisher Data”). Any Publisher Data that we aggregate with other data (including our own data and third party data relating to your Publisher Sites) for any purpose shall be referred to herein as “CyberM Data.” We grant you a license to include on the applicable Publisher Sites the software code we provide to you (the “Code“) required for us to provide the Services. You must place the Code, without modification, directly within either the HTML code or the Ad server of the applicable Publisher Site that we have approved in writing for such use. You may not cover or obscure any Ads via HTML/CSS, scripting or any other means. Upon our written request, you will promptly remove Code from any of your Publisher Sites. You may not place Code on any Publisher Site that we have not approved in advance. We may reject or remove a specific Ad, modify or suspend the Services and/or delete your Account at any time for any reason or no reason. Unless we expressly agree otherwise, we will have sole discretion to: (a) identify, select and manage relationships with advertisers; (b) establish pricing and other terms and conditions with advertisers; and (c) take all actions relating to the foregoing.
- License; Publicity. You hereby grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid and royalty-free right to use, create derivative works from and sub-license (including without limitation, the right to grant further sub-licenses) the Publisher Data for the purposes of (i) aggregating and licensing the Publisher Data to third parties in connection with the Services and (ii) providing and improving the Services. You hereby grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid and royalty-free right to use and sub-license (including without limitation, the right to grant further sub-licenses) the Content for the sole purpose of providing and improving the Services. We may use your name and logo in presentations and marketing communications. We may, at our discretion, place terms such as “Ads by CyberM” together with a hyperlink as part of the Ad on any of your Publisher Sites.
- Restrictions. You will not (i) use the Services or the CyberM Data except as expressly authorized herein; (ii) use the CyberM Data for any purpose other than internal analytics purposes, (iii) copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, damage, interfere with, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Services or the CyberM Data; (iv) breach, disable, tamper with or interfere with the proper working of the Services or the CyberM Data or develop or use (or attempt) any workaround for any security measure related to the Services or the CyberM Data; or (v) place any Content (as defined below) on any of your Publisher Sites that (a) infringes or misappropriates a third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights, (b) breaches a third party’s rights or privacy or publicity or (c) contains or promotes Objectionable Activity (as defined below). “Objectionable Activity” means any content or activity that is (w) pornographic, illegal, fraudulent, false, deceptive, misleading, libelous, defamatory or threatening, (x) racist, hate speech or bullying, (y) adware, malware, spyware or any other malicious code or drive-by download applications and/or (z) “spam,” mail fraud, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or advice not permitted by law. “Content” means any blog entries, bookmarks, postings, messages, opinions, text, files, links, images, photos, video, sounds, works of authorship, feedback, bug reports and other materials available on any of your Publisher Sites.
- Confidentiality. “Confidential Information” of a disclosing party hereunder (“Discloser”) means all of the Discloser’s non-public information, including without limitation, the terms of this Agreement. The CyberM Data is the Confidential Information of CyberM. The Publisher Data is the Confidential Information of Publisher. Confidential Information of Discloser shall not be used by the other party hereto (“Recipient”) for any purpose other than performing Recipient’s obligations or exercising Recipient’s rights as contemplated hereunder, and Recipient will not otherwise at any time disclose the Confidential Information of Discloser to any third party without Discloser’s prior written consent. Recipient agrees that it shall treat all Confidential Information of Discloser with the same degree of care as it accords to its own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than reasonable care. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Recipient may disclose Confidential Information (i) to the extent required by law or (ii) to its employees, attorneys, accountants, banks and other financing sources and their advisors under an obligation of confidentiality.
- Representation and Warranties. Each of Publisher and CyberM represent and warrant to the other party that (i) it holds all rights necessary to perform its obligations hereunder and (ii) all information provided by it to the other party is complete, correct and current. You further represent and warrant that (a) you own or are otherwise authorized to use, and are solely responsible for, the Content posted on any of your Publisher Sites and (b) you hold, and hereby grant to us, all rights necessary for us to perform our obligations hereunder.
- Indemnification. Each party will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party and its agents, affiliates and licensors from any and all losses, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses arising from third-party claims or any government or industry investigation, including reasonable costs of investigation and reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Claims“) arising out of or related to breaches of this Agreement or allegations thereof.
- Changes to the Services; Changes to the Agreement. We are constantly changing and improving the Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features of the Services at any time, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. We may modify this Agreement at any time, and will post any modifications to this Agreement on the homepage of our website at http://www.cybermandate.com. Changes will not apply retroactively and generally will become effective 14 days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you don’t agree to any modified terms in the Agreement, you must stop using the Services. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of any changes constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by such changes.
- Payments. We will pay you the applicable amounts determined by us for each Ad impression served on any of your Publisher Sites within 30 days after the end of each month in which the Ad impressions were served, subject to our prior receipt of valid payment and tax information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the amount accrued for the applicable month is less than $25 (USD), payment will be deferred until the month in which the cumulative balance owed to you exceeds $25 (USD) or the Agreement is terminated. We will have no obligation to make payments for any amounts that we, in our sole discretion, deem to have been generated from any Prohibited Activity (as defined below). We have the right to adjust payments for non-payment from advertisers. “Prohibited Activity” means engaging in any of the following: (a) Objectionable Activity; (b) clicking on your own Ads or using any means (automated or manual) to inflate impressions and/or clicks artificially or otherwise generate activity not driven by bona fide human intent; (c) offering a user any inducement of any kind to generate clicks or impressions; (d) installing ad code on or within 404/error message pages, pop-over/pop-under windows, downloadable applications, software, chat windows or email (e) obscuring an advertisement or any portion thereof with other content, advertising or navigational elements. The parties will use commercially reasonable efforts to collaborate on the identification and elimination of any Prohibited Activity.
- Term; Termination. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or maintain an Account. Either party may terminate access to or use of any Service or all Services or your Account for any reason or no reason, effective by us upon sending notice to the e-mail address in your Account or by you upon sending notice via your Account.
- DISCLAIMERS. THE SERVICES AND THE CYBERM DATA ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS AVAILABLE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. EXCEPT FOR CLAIMS RELATING TO SECTION 8, SECTION 10 AND USE OF THE CYBERM DATA, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR (I) ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (II) ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), IN EXCESS OF $1,000.